Registration OPEN for Fall 2013 - Click here for prices and to register!!!
Space City Futbol Club offers a rich and competitive recreational program for U11 through U16 players (Division 3) and is open to ALL players, new or experienced, from ages 10-15.
- Largest number of kids playing recreational soccer in the BAY area.
- Separate Boys teams and Girls teams
- Scores and Standings are kept online (Fall only)
- Possibility of regional and state level competition (Fall only)
- US Youth Soccer Association guided coach training – access to pro staff led training modules and licensing courses.
- Committed Returning coaches
- Small sided games for age appropriate learning.
- Minimal cost to participate.
- Each player receives a complete uniform package. Returning Fall players can opt out of the uniform cost for the spring.
At the U11 and up level, the numbers of players determine if teams can be formed regionally. Every attempt is made, but in some cases, players are combined from each region to form teams. Location of practices are then determined by the Volunteer coach and parents of the selected teams.
You can request a region, but understand that there is no guarantee or refund given based on not practicing at the preferred location.
Early registration will greatly increase the chances of playing in the region of choice.
- Friendswood region = May practice at Centennial Park
- Clear Lake region = May practice at Dave Finkel Fields (Dads Fields)
- League City region = May practice at League City Sportsplex
Teams are coached and managed by volunteer parent coaches and assistant coaches, usually of children on the team.
· Times, dates and location of practices are determined by these volunteer coaches, so we do not know where they may practice until teams are formed.
· Volunteer coaches receive training and guidance as directed and facilitated by US Youth Soccer by Professional Staff and mentor coaches in SCFC.
Practices are normally held twice a week and are usually scheduled by volunteer parent coach upon consultation with parents, according to one of the following formats:
- Mon & Wed: 5:30pm-7pm or 7pm-8:30pm
- Tues & Thurs: 5:30pm-7pm or 7pm-8:30pm
- Other days like Friday are also possible.
Each U11 and above SCFC club team participates in the Bay Area Youth Soccer Association (BAYSA) league games on weekends.
Fall season All games are scheduled by BAYSA, scores are counted, and standings are kept online through GotSoccer. Teams are schedules for 9-10 games with a possibility of advancing to area playoffs and Eastern District championship tournament. This is only for U11-U14, there is no post season Fall play for U15 teams.
- U11 and U12 teams play in a 8 versus 8 format with goalkeeper; Max Roster size 14 (BAYSA rule)
- Games have a center referee and scores kept online and *(fall only- standings are, with the possibility of advancing to regional and state competition)
- U13-U16 teams play in a 11 versus 11 format with goalkeeper; Max Roster size 18 (BAYSA rule)
- Games have center referee and 2 ARs. Scores are kept *(Fall only standings are kept online, with the possibility of advancing to regional and state competition. (U13 & U14 only)
Travel for games is limited to the Bay Area – from Galveston to Channelview and from La Porte to Manvel and everywhere in between. For more information on BAYSA clubs participating – www.baysa.org.
Games are normally on Saturdays, but there may be Sunday afternoon games scheduled during the season.
U11 and Up - $250 ($25 late fee added after June 30th)
- Full uniform consisting of an Adidas jersey, conflict jersey, shorts and socks.
- BAYSA player fee (insurance, referees, scorekeeping, scheduling),
- Field maintenance (lighting, leases, mowing, striping, etc)
- SCFC overhead (includes brick and mortar office, office manager, website and registration hosting, advertising).
Any and all questions, comments or concerns can be sent to the VP2 Lisa Pipper Stephenson or contact the office manager (281) 724-9915.