Registration for Fall 2013 is OPEN!
Space City FC's U5 and U6 programs are fun and allow our 4- 5- and 6- year old players to learn the basic elements of soccer. The program utilizes age-appropriate curriculum and fulfills the club’s mission of developing the individual player while winning the right way! The goal of the U5 and U6 programs is to ensure that our players:
Have fun with friends, old and new.
Get exercise and improve their aerobic stamina.
Become the best player he or she can be.
Learn the basics of soccer such as ball control, dribbling, and shooting.
Learn to love the game and desire to progress to the next level of competition.
- The U5 and U6 programs are separate programs. U5 is for 4 & 5 year olds. U6 is for 5 & 6 year olds. Placement is based on your child's birthday.
- To be eligible for the U5 program, your child must be born between August 1, 2008 - July 31, 2009.
- To be eligible for the U6 program, your child must be born between August 1, 2007 - July 31, 2008.
- U5 and U6 teams are co-ed and play a 3v3 format. Games are on Saturdays and will be played at all three regions; Clear Lake (Dad's fields), Friendswood (Centennial Park), and League City (Sportsplex).
- U5 and U6 teams typically practice 1 day per week (on either Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday).
- Practice locations for each region are as follows: Clear Lake - Dave Finkel Field (Dad's fields); Friendswood - Centennial Park; League City - League City Sportsplex.
- Registration cost is $150 per player. Players will receive an SCFC uniform kit which includes a jersey, white SCFC t-shirt, shorts and socks. All players either new or returning will receive a new uniform kit. Register by June 30th to avoid a late registration fee! Click the following link to begin the registration process Registration.
Important Dates for the Fall 2013 Season
Regular registration opens in April 2013 and runs through June 30, 2013. After June 30th, registration is subject to roster spot availability and includes a $25 late fee. Please register as soon as possible to ensure your training at your preferred region!
Coaches will be given rosters beginning August 16th. Coaches will start contacting players.
- Practices may begin as early as the week of August 19th. All coaches need to schedule their preferred practice day/time with their regional Division Director.
- First game will be Saturday, September 7, 2013.
- Last game will be Saturday, November 9, 2013.
- Coaches Clinic/Meeting TBD.
- Picture date TBD.
Because U5 and U6 teams are run by volunteers - with the support of the club - parents are expected to play an integral role in the club. Without your support and involvement, the club cannot function in a smooth manner. Please be willing to help out in any of the following areas:
Coach/Assistant Coach – organizes team practices and games. Also is the main point of contact with the Division Director for Club information. Note that a KidSafe Card will need to be applied for to accomplish a background check.
Team Parent – organizes contact lists, snack lists, end-of-year party, etc.
Field Referee – referee games ... simply keeping track of throw-ins, kick-offs, etc. We do not keep score.
Division Director – form teams, coordinate with the teams/coaches information pertaining to schedules, practices, club policies, etc.
Scheduler – create game schedule and assist with make-up games.
Chair U5-U6 Committee – represent U5-U6 interests at the club level, chair U4-U6 committee, and address coach/player/parent discipline issues as necessary.
For more information, please contact the U4-U6 Chair at email@example.com or call the SCFC office at (281) 724-9915. Note: office hours are M/T/TH from 12-5.