At the U11 and up level, the numbers of players determine if teams can be formed regionally. Every attempt is made, but in some cases, players are combined from each region to form teams. Location of practices are then determined by the Volunteer coach and parents of the selected teams.
You can request a region, but understand that there is no guarantee or refund given based on not practicing at the preferred location.
Early registration will greatly increase the chances of playing in the region of choice.
- Friendswood region = May practice at Centennial Park
- Clear Lake region = May practice at Dave Finkel Fields (Dads Fields)
- League City region = May practice at League City Sportsplex
Teams are coached and managed by volunteer parent coaches and assistant coaches, usually of children on the team.
· Times, dates and location of practices are determined by these volunteer coaches, so we do not know where they may practice until teams are formed.
· Volunteer coaches receive training and guidance as directed and facilitated by US Youth Soccer by Professional Staff and mentor coaches in SCFC.
Practices are normally held twice a week and are usually scheduled by volunteer parent coach upon consultation with parents, according to one of the following formats:
- Mon & Wed: 5:30pm-7pm or 7pm-8:30pm
- Tues & Thurs: 5:30pm-7pm or 7pm-8:30pm
- Other days like Friday are also possible.